Is the Hyundai Warranty Transferable?
To back up their reputation for creating dependable vehicles, some Hyundai models come with Hyundai Assurance. While this is great news for new car buyers, used car buyers are left wondering, “Is the Hyundai warranty transferable?” The answer, yes, but with some conditions. If a vehicle is sold within the coverage period of its 10-Year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty coverage, the subsequent owner will receive the majority of the same protections for up to 5-years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Hyundai Warranty Transfer Benefits
While the Hyundai manufacturer warranty is an excellent benefit, it’s not the only reason this program is respected by shoppers in Westminster. Except where noted, all aspects of coverage apply to the Hyundai transfer warranty just as they did to the original. Here’s what you can expect from Hyundai Assurance:
- 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (Original Owner Only)
- Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty (Original Owner Only)
- 8-Year/80,000-Mile Federal Emission Defect and Performance Warranty
- 7-Year/70,000-Mile California Emission Control Systems Warranty
- 7-year/Unlimited-Mile Anti-Perforation Warranty
- 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- 5-Year/Unlimited-Mile 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 12-Month/12,000-Mile Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty
Parts and Service at Planet Hyundai
Keeping up with regularly scheduled maintenance helps ensure your warranty coverage will be valid for the full lifetime of the warranty. Hyundai recommends that you service your vehicle at a certified Hyundai dealer like Planet Hyundai. When you choose to service your vehicle at the Planet Hyundai service center, you will get:
- Friendly customer service representatives
- Genuine OEM Hyundai parts, protected by a 12-Month Warranty
- Trained and certified technicians
- Quick and accessible service center
Learn More About Hyundai Warranty Transfer With Planet Hyundai
So, is the Hyundai warranty transferable? Absolutely, but there are some caveats. To find out more about Hyundai Assurance, and how Hyundai compares to other brands like Kia, contact us today. Feel free to read up on Hyundai warranty coverage with our team at your leisure.
Want to learn more with our team? Be sure to read up on how to connect your Hyundai to Bluetooth®, and learn what to do when your check engine light is on. We’d also love to help you learn about Hyundai Santa Fe towing capacity, Santa Fe seating, and Hyundai HomeLink.